Explaining what kinesiology is can be quite a challenge. There really is no substitute for trying it yourself, so you can feel the benefits.
This is a piece I wrote for the Green Goodness Co in Perth explaining why you would choose to see a kinesiologist. Find out some facts about kinesiology to help you get a better understanding of what it is.
Is your child struggling with any of the following:
- Coordination and balance
- Reading or writing
- Anxiety, sensitivity or behavioural concerns
- Stomach aches
- Feeling tired all the time
- Concentration and memory
- Developmental problems
- Learning difficulties
By using gentle muscle testing, I am able to determine where the underlying stress patterns are in your child's body.
This could be:
- Physical - posture, balance, coordination, muscular
- Chemical - nutritional, hormonal
- Emotional - thoughts, feelings, emotions, attitudes, beliefs
Have you heard the word kinesiology before but never been too sure what it actually is or what on earth it means?
Don't worry, you are definitely not alone. Lots of people have heard
The word kinesiology actually means 'the study of human movement' but that isn't exactly what i do, which makes it even more confusing
Take a look here at some FAQ's about kinesiology, what it is and who it can help.
This article comes from the college where I studied in Sydney, the College of Complementary Medicine.
If you'd like to find out more about kinesiology and what I do, please get in touch on email@example.com or 0405 981 879
Have you over heard people talking about chakras, maybe in your yoga class or amongst your more alternative friends and never really known what on earth they were speaking about? A lot of people have heard the word chakra pop up in conversation but don't really understand what they are and how they affect us. They are often associated with alternative or hippie healing but there is a lot more to chakras than that and they actually play a large role in our physical and emotional well being.
Here is some basic but fascinating information about our chakras that will give you a better idea:
- A chakra is an energy centre or a vortex of energy, in the subtle body (not the physical body)
- The word CHAKRA comes from the Sanskrit word 'wheel' or 'turning'
- Traditional writing says there are about 88 000 chakras in body
- There are 7 main chakras in your body
- Chakras interact with your physical body through your endocrine glands and your nervous system
- The chakras are present on the front and back of your body
- There is a particular colour associated with each chakra
- Depending on your gender, each chakra will either rotate clockwise or anticlockwise
- Particular emotions are strongly associated with certain chakras
- Chakras can be out of balance and affect us on a physical and emotional level
- Chakra meditations are a great way to connect with these energy systems
In kinesiology, we work a lot with the chakra system, both on a physical and an emotional level. By allowing clients to connect with this idea of energy and emotions affecting out physical body, it empowers them to take control of their own healing.
For more information, contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org