Homemade Nut Granola
"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day."
How many times have you heard this?
That's because it is so true and is a meal that simply should not be missed.
The mornings can be a busy time, getting ready for work and sorting yourself out for the day. It is no wonder so many people skip breakfast.
The key is to be organised. Preparing breakfast before the week begins is a great way to make sure you can still have a quick and healthy meal to fuel your body for the day. It is essential to have enough protein and good fats in every meal and this is a wonderful way to do just that.
Here is a simple, delicious recipe for a homemade nut granola.
- 100g walnuts
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 100g chopped hazelnuts
- 100g flaked almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
*You can add any other nuts or seeds that you'd like.
What to do?
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius
- Chop the nuts roughly and mix them all together
- Add in the spices and (melted) coconut oil
- Tip the mixture onto an oven tray and bake for about 20 minutes (depending on how toasted you'd like it)
- Cool on a paper towel
- Store in an air tight container
Ideas of what to eat with your granola
- Whole fat natural Greek yoghurt
- Chia seeds
- Almond or rice milk
- Manuka honey
- Any superfood powders - baobab powder, spirulina