Delicious, healthy homemade seeds crackers.
These are perfect to have with a dip as a healthy snack or treat and are super quick and easy to make.
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup poppy seeds
1/4 cup linseed/flaxseed
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 tsp salt (good quality)
1 cup water
- Heat oven to 170 degrees celcius
- Place all the seeds and salt in a bowl and pour in the water to mix it all together
- Leave it to rest for 15 minutes. The chia and flaxseeds will bind everything together.
- Tip out the mixture on to a baking tray, lined with baking paper
- Spread it out as thin as possible (about 4mm thick)
- Sprinkle with some extra sea salt
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and slice it in to crackers
- Return it to the oven and cook it for a further 20-30 minutes until crisp and golden
- Cool on a cooling rack and store in an air tight container
You could use 1/2 cup of either chia or flaxseeds, rather than 1/4 cup of each but it is very important to include one or the other as they are what bind everything together.